Work with us
Join our friendly team
Applications are now being accepted for our Chalet Host, Resort Rep and Resort Management team for Winter 23/24.
Working a ski season in the Alps
The Alpine Generation is a growing company run by people who know what it’s like to host a chalet and spend a winter season in the Alps. Between us we’ve worked for, and holidayed with, many of the large tour operators and independent catered chalet companies.
And that’s why we reckon we know a thing or two about ensuring our guests have a fantastic holiday, and that our seasonal team have a great winter working a ski season in the Alps. We recognise the crucial role that our chalet hosts and management team play in making sure our guests want to return to us year after year, and we make sure they are well rewarded for their efforts. We pride ourselves on fostering a supportive atmosphere for our hosts, offering hands on assistance and guidance where it’s needed.
Career breaks & sabbaticals
As previous career breakers ourselves, we’re always interested to hear from couples and individuals who are looking to do the same. Working a ski season is an excellent choice for a standalone five month career break, or can be easily combined with a summer of travelling.
Have you got what it takes?
Working as a chalet host over the winter season is a job like no other and for many, a once in a lifetime opportunity. The experiences you’ll have, and the friends that you make, will stay with you forever.
Believe us when we say it’s amazing!
There is, however, a trade off. It’s incredibly hard work. Hours spent on the mountain are balanced against early starts and late finishes. Our guests will be relying on you to provide everything they need to make the most of their precious week on the mountain.
Whilst working a ski season offers excellent opportunities for both work and play, we expect our chalet hosts to prioritise their work whenever work and play conflict. In return for this commitment you’ll receive a competitive package (discussed at interview) and the opportunity to develop new skills and experience life in one of the most stunning environments you could possibly imagine. Oh, and we’ll ensure you get enough time on the mountain to make all your friends at home suitably jealous of what an amazing skier or boarder you’ve become.
So, if you fancy spending the winter working a ski season in the Alps, have a mature approach gained from work experience, and are genuinely interested in meeting new people – read on. We want to hear from you!
The Chalet Host Role
Our chalet hosts are responsible for providing our guests with a great catering experience, a clean and comfortable chalet and a wealth of knowledge about the resort. To download the full job description, please click here.
We have various roles available across our different resorts for individuals, pairs and couples, and successful candidates will be placed in accordance with strengths and suitability.
- A passion for creating delicious food. We are looking for a good underlying knowledge of cooking, alongside experience of catering for large dinner parties, or attendance on a chalet-focused cookery course for those without relevant experience.
- The Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering Certificate or equivalent. Available to complete online here.
- High performance standards and attention to detail. You must be determined to perform all aspects of your role to the highest possible standards and take pride in your work, whether it be housekeeping, cooking, serving meals, chalet administration or guest interaction.
- Flexibility. All of our chalet hosts and chalet couples will be required to have a high degree of flexibility. You will work as part of a larger team in resort and may not be assigned to one property for the duration of the season. Couples and pairs may at times be required to work apart.
- Excellent organisational skills. Half the battle of being a chalet host is already won if you can plan your time effectively and work efficiently.
- An interest in people. Interpersonal skills are just as important to us as work experience and catering ability. You will have daily interaction with our guests and play a huge part in making our guests’ holiday a great one. We are looking for hosts with a sociable personality who will genuinely enjoy getting to know new guests every week, and have proven ability to quickly build strong relationships with a variety of different people.
- A consistently positive outlook. The job at times can be hard and demanding, so the ability to remain enthusiastic and maintain a positive mindset is essential.
- A good level of physical fitness and stamina. The role involves a lot of time on your feet (working and skiing!)
- A love of skiing or boarding!
If you think you’ve got what it takes to balance the demands of a busy winter season and ensure that our guests have the holiday of a lifetime, apply now!
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
Other Winter Positions
The Resort Rep / Chalet Host Role
The Resort Representative / Host position is a hands-on role combining chalet hosting with enhancing our guest experience and assisting the Resort Manager.
Candidates must be aged 23+ and have a full clean driving licence, held for a minimum of 3 years.
To download the full job description, please click here.
The Resort Manager Role
Our Resort Managers take overall responsibility for the day-to-day activities of The Alpine Generation in their resort, and will be required to deliver the highest standard of customer service, maintain consistency across our chalets, and effectively manage the hosting team.
We require our Resort Managers to be confident leaders who can keep cool under pressure whilst maintaining a positive outlook. It is essential to be an effective communicator, highly organised and efficient, and able to motivate a team to maintain high standards.
We are looking for confident and capable cooks with experience in the chalet industry; part of the role is overseeing the catering standards across the chalets, and offering additional advice and training for chalet hosts when necessary.
To download the full job description, please click here.
Are you eligible to work in France?
Applications are open to:
- EU Passport Holders
- French Residency Permit holders (Carte/Titre de Séjour)
- UK Passport Holders*
- Those with passports from other nations who hold a valid working visa for France
*UK passport holders will also be considered where substantial and relevant experience is evident, ideally previous winter season experience in a catered chalet environment. Please note that UK passport holders now require a work permit and long-stay visa to work in France for the full season. The Alpine Generation will apply for work permits for successful candidates and provide assistance with the visa process.
What our guests are saying about us
Where do I start! The holiday surpassed all our expectations? The chalet was beautiful. When we first were greeted by our hosts we knew we had struck gold! Their friendliness, enthusiasm, care was exceptional, nothing was too much trouble. Their cooking skills were phenomenal, I have never eaten so well on holiday!
The whole experience from being looked after by our hosts to being looked after by the staff at Skiset was second to none. All your staff have been amazing, all our questions leading up to the holiday were always dealt with very quickly.
We will certainly recommend your company. Thank you for everything! — J.U