Bedroom 1: Double with ensuite shower room and WC
Bedroom 2: Double with ensuite shower room and WC, with balcony access
Bedroom 3: Double (King) with open plan bathroom with bath, separate shower and separate WC
Living area and dining room with balcony access and log burning fireplace
Access to mezzanine snug area with sofas
Lower Ground Floor
Bedroom 4: Twin room with ensuite shower room and WC
Bedroom 5: Double room with ensuite shower room and WC
Bedroom 6: Double room with ensuite shower room and WC
Bedroom 7: Twin room with ensuite shower room and WC
Chalet Balkiss occupies a great location within the chalet quarter area of La Tania, and is conveniently situated for both piste and village access.
The closest piste (snow condition/piste access dependent*) is just a 2 minute walk from the chalet towards the bottom of the Moretta Blanche run, which is wide and levels out at this point, just above the La Tania télécabine.
For those who prefer, the pedestrian elevator to the piste is just 200m from the chalet. From the bottom of the elevator you are in La Tania village (for access to the shops, restaurants, bars and ski shops), or you can head around the corner to the ski school meeting points. or the télécabine, from the top of which you quickly find yourself in the heart of the vast Three Valleys ski area.
There are two designated covered carport parking spaces for Chalet Balkiss guests.
*Winter 2023/2024 Access Update
We have been made aware that Moretta Blanche piste will not be open during the winter 23/24 season due to development towards the bottom of the piste. Access to the télécabine will be on foot via the public elevator which is located in the Grand Bois apartment block.
Arrival & departure
- Check-in is from 16:00. Bag storage may be available for early arrivals, please do check with us when booking.
- If you book flights that will give you a resort arrival time of after 20:30 (under normal travel conditions), you will be offered a light supper on arrival, as opposed to the usual three course meal.
- If you book flights that will give you a resort arrival time of after 22:00, you will be offered a light supper as above, but you will also need pay an out of hours ‘meet and greet’ supplement of €50 to be settled into your accommodation.
- We ask that you vacate the chalet by 10:00.
- Bag storage for later departures is sometimes available, please check with us when booking.
- If you wish to ski on your departure day or are departing later in the day, please note that we cannot guarantee availability of any facilities (including shower or changing) after check-out at 10:00, as our chalet teams will be cleaning the property thoroughly for the next arriving guests.
- Please be understanding that arriving guests have exclusive use of the chalet from 16:00 onwards. Any stored bags must be collected prior to 15:00; there will be no access after this time.
What our guests are saying about us
Where do I start! The holiday surpassed all our expectations? The chalet was beautiful. When we first were greeted by our hosts we knew we had struck gold! Their friendliness, enthusiasm, care was exceptional, nothing was too much trouble. Their cooking skills were phenomenal, I have never eaten so well on holiday!
The whole experience from being looked after by our hosts to being looked after by the staff at Skiset was second to none. All your staff have been amazing, all our questions leading up to the holiday were always dealt with very quickly.
We will certainly recommend your company. Thank you for everything! — J.U
More chalets in La Tania
How does it work?
Choose a resort and chalet
Browse our range of charming Signature and Classic chalets
Get in touch
Send us over your dates, selection of chalets and any special requirements via our easy-to-use contact form
We'll do the rest
We can book you in, answer questions or send over a few other chalets we think would suit you
The Alpine Generation is different because we are not a travel agent. All our chalets are operated by our teams in resort, meaning we can advise on the best property for you.
So, don’t be a nay-sayer: why not hear it straight from the horse’s mouth?*
*not literally, obviously.