If you are unable to travel to France or the resorts in which our properties are located, or if we are unable to provide our service, specifically due to government initiated Covid-19 related travel or operational restrictions, you can choose to receive a refund for the full cost of your trip, or transfer your booking to the following season. This is applicable on the day of booked arrival.
For bookings made on on after the 19th April 2022, any refunds processed under this policy will be subject to a €50 per person administration fee to cover the costs associated with the booking and refund administration.
To ensure this clause is used only in the spirit it was intended, the refund or transfer is only applicable if your whole group are required to cancel due to one or more of the below:
- Official government restrictions imposed in the country you are to depart from prohibiting your travel, relating specifically to Covid-19. In the UK this is specifically the FCDO advising against all but essential travel.
- The French authorities impose regional or national restrictions which result in the closure of the French border, related specifically to Covid-19.
- The French authorities impose a mandatory quarantine period on arrival into France for the full duration of your stay, for all travellers from your country of departure, related specifically to Covid-19.
- The French government imposes restrictions that prevent us from operating in the manner required to provide our accommodation and catering service, related specifically to Covid-19.
- Winter bookings only: The whole ski area in which you are due to spend your ski holiday is confirmed by the authorities to be closed for the entire duration of your trip, related specifically to Covid-19.
- Quarantine on return to your home country
- The requirement of Covid testing (at either end of, or during, your trip)
- Any failure to meet regulations in place (for example vaccination requirements)
- Any other companies failing to provide their service (for example bars and restaurants being instructed to close, and transport cancellations).
- Curtailment of your trip after your arrival into resort
If you are required to self-isolate during your holiday for any reason including Covid-19, The Alpine Generation do not accept liability or responsibility to provide any alternative accommodation during your stay, or any accommodation after your stay.
This Covid-19 clause is not a substitute for a travel insurance product. As per our booking conditions, all guests must still have an adequate travel insurance policy in place, which should offer you a range of benefits, for example cancellation, luggage and personal items, medical cover for conditions or accidents, and additional Covid-19 cover.